To succeed today you need to have sound business sense and a set of practical tools. We offer several free resources including guides, webinars and business templates that will be useful whether your business is just starting out or is already well established.
Business assessments and quizzes
Business performance benchmarking tool
Find out in minutes how your company performance compares within your industry, based on Statistics Canada data.
- Digital maturity assessment
- Operational efficiency quiz
- Quiz: Are you ready to apply for a business loan?
- Cash flow quiz for entrepreneurs
- Website assessment tool
- Commercial real estate assessment
- Entrepreneurial potential self-assessment
- Canada Tariff Finder
- Intellectual property strategy assessment
- Intellectual property simulation
- Measure What Matters: Assess your company’s impact
Free and low-cost applications
Incorporating technology into your business doesn't have to be complicated or costly. Learn more about these free or low cost software that will give your business a competitive edge.
- Free and low-cost accounting software
- Free and low-cost funding and budget tools for your business
- Free and low-cost customer relationship management (CRM) solutions for your business
- Free and low-cost e-commerce software
- Free and low-cost email marketing software
- Free and low-cost online backup services
- Free and low-cost online collaboration tools
- Free and low-cost online project management tools
- Free and low-cost online survey tools
- Free and low-cost online timesheet tracking tools
- Free and low-cost social media management tools
- Free and low-cost website creation tools
- Free and low-cost web analytics tools
Entrepreneur’s Learning Centre
Learn at your own pace from the comfort of your home with BDC’s new learning centre.
Templates for download
Our free business resources are designed to help you set your business on the right path and increase your chances of success.
Making Technology Work for Your Business
A smart technology strategy can have a positive effect on your people, your customers and your bottom line. With the right tools and mindset you can position your business for long-term success.
- Growing in International Markets
- Business Valuation
- How to Grow Your Revenues
- Monitoring Your Business Performance
- Optimize Your Business Processes
- Understand Your Financial Statements
- The Foundations of Strategic Planning
- Build a More Profitable Business
- Taking Control of Your Cash Flow
- Buying a Business in Canada
- Hire and Retain the Best Employees
- Buying Commercial Real Estate
- How to Get a Business Loan
- Social media
- Create a Leaner Business
- Attracting and Selling Online
- Buying an ERP System
- Essential SaaS Metrics
- Inventory Management
Newsletter and Economic letter
Sign up to receive how-to articles, business tips, entrepreneur success stories, interactive tools and much more.
Finding the right opportunities in uncertain times
Pierre Cléroux, Devesh Dwivedi and Maria ZalazarWatch now
Preparing your business for an economic slowdown
Pierre Cléroux, Nicolas Fontaine and Audrey BeaucheminWatch now
Dealing with the new reality in commercial real estate
How to find commercial real estate at a time of higher interest and inflation.Read post
Fighting climate change, one investment at a time
Learn more about our $400M Climate Tech Fund II and how it will help Canada fight climate change.Read post