Financial statements template
Financial statements are a set of documents showing a company’s current financial status. Specifically, these statements indicate:
- how much money is being made and spent—shown on the income statement
- what the company owns and how much it owes—shown on the balance sheet
- where money came from and where it went—shown in the cash flow statement (also called the statement of changes in financial position)
- The amount of money kept in the company by the owners—shown on the statement of retained earnings
Your financial statements will be used by:
- tax authorities to assess your taxes and determine your payroll contributions
- bankers and investors to make investment or lending decisions.
- you and your management team to make day-to-day business decisions and plan strategic actions
Most accounting software will create your financial statements for you, but you can use this free template to create them manually if needed.