We understand the challenges of growing an innovative business
BDC is actively supporting more than 3,500 Canadian tech entrepreneurs, with close to $3B in loans and investments. We know it takes smart money and a wide range of solutions to help you scale up and stay in control of your business. That’s why we give you access to capital investment, flexible financing, practical advice and a network of committed partners to fuel your growth.
Solutions adapted to your industry
Funding tailored to your needs
- Scale your business without diluting your ownership
- Get debt and equity financing all under one roof
- Growth financing with repayment adapted to your cash flow forecast
Advisory services to run a better business
- Develop a sales and marketing strategy to scale your revenues
- Create a roadmap for international expansion and growth
- Strengthen your financial management acumen
Contact us for more information.
Articles and tools
Specialized financing and investment solutions
BDC Capital is a strategic partner to the country`s most innovative firms.
- Our Venture Capital team is the most active tech venture investor in Canada. We manage more than $1B across direct funds including Women in Technology; Industrial Innovation; and Industrial, Clean and Energy Technology.
- Our Growth & Transition Capital team manages one of the most significant tech portfolios in Canada, providing a range of flexible, non-dilutive mezzanine and quasi-equity solutions for tech companies at various stages of their development.
- Our Growth Equity team provides minority equity investments to mid-market growth businesses looking to become leaders in their industry.
Data management specialist Irosoft received BDC financing to maintain its activities during the pandemic
Irosoft received financing from BDC’s Technology Industry Team in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic to enable it to maintain its activities and pursue its growth projects. Founded in 1995, Irosoft is a technology and consulting services company that is highly recognized in Quebec in the fields of information ...Learn more
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and BDC sign new Memorandum of Understanding to launch partnership supporting highly innovative Canadian tech SMEs
Today, the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and BDC, the bank for Canadian entrepreneurs, are pleased to announce the signing of a new Memorandum of Understanding ...Learn more
Digital agency Media One Creative secures $1.5M from BDC to keep productions going during the COVID-19 crisis
Media One Creative, a fast-growing content agency based in Toronto, has received financing of 1.5 million dollars from BDC’s Technology Industry ...Learn more
BioConnect of Toronto obtains $2M from BDC Capital to retain its highly technical staff during the COVID-19 pandemic
BioConnect, a high-growth Toronto-based company that provides a ...Learn more
BDC helped us fuel our growth. And with a much-needed loan to relieve strain on our cashflow during the pandemic, we were able to maintain our momentum and develop more business!