We understand the challenges of growing an innovative business
BDC is actively supporting more than 3,500 Canadian tech entrepreneurs, with close to $3B in loans and investments. We know it takes smart money and a wide range of solutions to help you scale up and stay in control of your business. That’s why we give you access to capital investment, flexible financing, practical advice and a network of committed partners to fuel your growth.
Solutions adapted to your industry
Funding tailored to your needs
- Scale your business without diluting your ownership
- Get debt and equity financing all under one roof
- Growth financing with repayment adapted to your cash flow forecast
Advisory services to run a better business
- Develop a sales and marketing strategy to scale your revenues
- Create a roadmap for international expansion and growth
- Strengthen your financial management acumen
Contact us for more information.
Watch our latest panel:
Uncovering Growth Opportunities for Tech in 2021
Articles and tools
Technology industry outlook
Position your tech business for growth with BDC’s economic insights
Specialized financing and investment solutions
BDC Capital is a strategic partner to the country`s most innovative firms.
- Our Venture Capital team is the most active tech venture investor in Canada. We manage more than $1B across direct funds including Women in Technology; Industrial Innovation; and Industrial, Clean and Energy Technology.
- Our Growth & Transition Capital team manages one of the most significant tech portfolios in Canada, providing a range of flexible, non-dilutive mezzanine and quasi-equity solutions for tech companies at various stages of their development.
- Our Growth Equity team provides minority equity investments to mid-market growth businesses looking to become leaders in their industry.
Western Canadian IT firm Solvera Solutions gets $3.75 million from BDC Capital to help fuel growth strategy
Solvera Solutions, a growing western Canadian IT services and software integration firm, has secured $3.75 million ...Learn more
Victoria-based fintech company Peloton raises $500,000 with participation from BDC to increase SME clientele in Canada and the U.S.
Peloton Technologies, a fintech company headquartered in Victoria, B.C., has secured $500,000 in new funding in order to grow its client base as small and medium-sized businesses shift their banking online because of COVID-19. Of this amount, $350,000 comes as non-dilutive financing...Learn more
Data management specialist Irosoft received BDC financing to maintain its activities during the pandemic
Irosoft received financing from BDC’s Technology Industry Team in the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic to enable it to maintain its activities and pursue its growth projects. Founded in 1995, Irosoft is a technology and consulting services company that is highly recognized in Quebec in the fields of information ...Learn more
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and BDC sign new Memorandum of Understanding to launch partnership supporting highly innovative Canadian tech SMEs
Today, the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and BDC, the bank for Canadian entrepreneurs, are pleased to announce the signing of a new Memorandum of Understanding ...Learn more
BDC helped us fuel our growth. And with a much-needed loan to relieve strain on our cashflow during the pandemic, we were able to maintain our momentum and develop more business!