Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
Inflation and labour shortages have been the subject of much discussion lately. Many observers are concerned an inflationary spiral is developing in Canada and for good reason. The pressure for higher wages due to labour shortages is already being felt by many entrepreneurs. Where will wages go next year and what impact will they have on the economy and your business? Read more
- September 2021—What to expect from the fourth COVID wave
- July 2021—How close is the Bank of Canada to raising interest rates?
- June 2021—Does the Canadian dollar rally have room to run?
- May 2021—Guess who's back? Spoiler: it’s inflation
- April 2021—It's getting hot out there!
- March 2021—The COVID recession: Why this time is different