Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
Canada's population is growing at a record pace, thanks mainly to higher levels of immigration and temporary resident arrivals. The population expanded by over 1.1 million people in 2022 and high growth is set to continue in the coming years. This month's Economic Letter looks at how Canada's growing population is changing our economy and what it means for your business. Read more
- September 2023—3 ways Canada’s population boom is impacting the economy and your business
- July 2023—Will a new round of interest rate hikes trigger a recession?
- June 2023—Will businesses finally get a break from labour shortages and rising wages?
- May 2023—Has the Canadian housing market hit bottom?
- April 2023—Could U.S. banking turmoil turn into a financial crisis?
- March 2023—Can Canadian households afford to keep spending?