Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
Recovery from the short but deep recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic is proving to be more difficult than anticipated a year ago. In 2022, the question has shifted from “is this the end of the pandemic" to "are we in a recession." Read more
- November 2022—What to expect from the coming economic downturn?
- October 2022—Interest rate hikes begin to hit the Canadian economy
- September 2022—Will wages continue to rise?
- July 2022—Rising interest rates: When will it end?
- June 2022—A real estate crash on the horizon?
- May 2022—The economy looks healthy. Why all the talk about a recession?
- April 2022—Is the economy headed toward 1970s-style stagflation?
- March 2022—How the war in Ukraine will affect Canada’s economy
- February 2022—After an inflationary surge, will commodity prices stabilize in 2022?
- January 2022—What to watch for in 2022?
- December 2021—Can households sustain Canada’s economic recovery?
- November 2021—Buckle up for the rocky path to energy transition