Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
With fierce competition for workers in this country and unemployment at an all-time low, it's no surprise wages are rising fast. In addition to putting pressure on business costs, this trend could help provoke an inflationary spiral. Let's look at wages and the factors that will influence them in the coming months. Read more
- July 2022—Rising interest rates: When will it end?
- June 2022—A real estate crash on the horizon?
- May 2022—The economy looks healthy. Why all the talk about a recession?
- April 2022—Is the economy headed toward 1970s-style stagflation?
- March 2022—How the war in Ukraine will affect Canada’s economy
- February 2022—After an inflationary surge, will commodity prices stabilize in 2022?
- January 2022—What to watch for in 2022?
- December 2021—Can households sustain Canada’s economic recovery?
- November 2021—Buckle up for the rocky path to energy transition
- October 2021—Get ready for more pressure to raise wages
- September 2021—What to expect from the fourth COVID wave
- July 2021—How close is the Bank of Canada to raising interest rates?