Thrive Lab for Women
We believe supporting women-led businesses who seek to create positive social outcomes will bring meaningful change and positive returns. We are equally committed to building a community of investment partners who share our belief to increase access to investment capital for women changemakers. Working with like-minded partners, we will mainly invest in promising impact-driven, women-led companies pursuing growth.
Be the change
Together with partners, the Thrive Lab will provide $100 million in equity and equity-like investments to women-led businesses. These companies seek to make an impact that is tied to the UN Sustainable Development Goals such as food security and responsible agriculture, health and well-being, education, reduced inequalities, and responsible consumption and production.
Who the Lab is for
- Impact-driven companies that aim to prioritize social factors and financial returns
- Initial focus on businesses at their earliest stage of development – in any sector
How the Lab works
Working with our partners, we will innovate, experiment, and adapt to expand the capital available in the marketplace for women-led businesses making a difference.
We are looking for partners
- Who will co-invest with BDC or provide sweat equity alongside our capital
- Have a proven track record of supporting women entrepreneurs
- Who are accelerators, incubators, accredited angel groups, family offices, or government organizations
We are looking for women-led businesses
- Who will work together with BDC and our partners
- Who will achieve their social impact objectives while generating a financial return
Are you an investment partner or a woman entrepreneur interested in joining our Lab?
Driving social change, one business at a time
Through our Lab, we aim to support partners and clients with like-minded objectives
We invest with partners to increase our collective reach
We work with women-led entrepreneurs to help them achieve sustainable growth
We see the big picture, and will continue to increase capital for businesses aiming to achieve a double bottom line
Certain news link to external sites and are presented in French only.