Climate Tech Fund
Our $400 million fund invests in Canadian climate technology firms demonstrating high potential to grow into global champions and deliver significant domestic and global greenhouse gas reductions. Our team works in close partnership with our portfolio companies, providing advice, connections to government funding programs and private investors. We have the financial capacity to follow-on in a meaningful way as your company commercializes and scales.
Innovation and investment in the energy transition are essential to Canada’s net-zero path. BDC is committed to helping Canada meet its 2050 decarbonization targets and climate tech companies will be at the forefront of this transition. Building on the success of our Cleantech Practice, the Climate Tech Fund brings our total clean- and climate-tech commitment to $1 billion.
- Late-stage seed to growth stage capital
- Impactful technologies that materially reduce GHG emissions
- Hard technologies (capital intensive business models)
- Defensible proprietary intellectual property
- Demonstrated market traction / validated product-market fit
- Clear line of sight to achieve commercial scale and profitability
Who is this fund for
We invest in firms developing technology that materially mitigate GHG emissions across several themes including but not limited to:
- Electrification & mobility
- Built environment
- Carbon capture, utilization, conversion and sequestration
- Low-carbon fuels and energy
- Farms, forest & food
BDC also offers other sustainability or climate related venture capital solutions. Learn more
Fighting climate change one investment at a time
Canadian climate tech companies have emerged as global leaders. As one of the largest and most active climate investors in Canada, BDC is here to help these firms reach their full potential.
Collaboration with public and private sector investors is central to our approach
Long-term investor playing active role in supporting growth of company
Passionate and committed pan-Canadian team with hands-on approach
Want to learn more about our fund?