Seed Venture Fund
Seed-stage companies represent the foundation on which innovation is built. With this $50 million Fund, we seek to invest at the grassroots level to ensure the sustainability of the VC ecosystem in every Canadian region, with a particular focus on underserved markets. Working closely with incubators, accelerators, angels, other venture capital investors and partners across the country, we plan to lead the majority of our investments in the nation’s most promising seed stage start-ups.
Over a decade of experience
The Seed Venture Fund is building on the success of an initiative launched in 2012 that seeded over 190 Canadian companies, which collectively went on to secure over $1 billion in funding thereafter. The Fund is still working with existing portfolio companies to help them scale and achieve their full potential. The experience gained working with these companies continues to guide and inspire our work today.
- Promising pre-seed and seed investments in scalable software companies in every region of Canada.
- Leading investments with simplified term sheets that address the needs of Canadian entrepreneurs.
- Providing support for portfolio companies in preparing them for a successful Series A and eventually becoming world class.
Who is this fund for
The Seed Venture Fund will create the foundation for building world-class companies by supporting the next generation of software companies across Canada. Areas of focus include:
- Enterprise SaaS companies building products that reduce costs and increase revenue in areas of:
- Finance and operations
- Sales and marketing
- Human resources management
- Technology and risk management
- Category-defining companies using AI to push the boundaries of their sector in:
- Digital health
- Travel tech
Creating the foundation for world-class companies
Helping Canadian entrepreneurs with early capital to get ideas off the ground.
A $50M fund to help Canadian entrepreneurs get ideas off the ground and build world-class companies
We are active across every region in Canada with a focus on underserved markets
We work with accelerators, incubators, and angel investors to grow and nurture a vibrant ecosystem for start-ups
Want to learn more about our fund?
Certain news link to external sites and are presented in French only.