As a fund investor and Canada’s most active limited partner, we support fund managers who invest in technology-focused Canadian companies. Our goal: strengthen the country’s innovation ecosystem for long-term growth and impact.
We go beyond financial support. Our institutional guidance to managers on fund formation practices, governance, and reporting help establish best-in-class general partnerships with long-term franchise potential.
- Support emerging and established fund managers
- For funds with dedicated Canadian strategy and presence
- Develop at-scale venture and growth capital franchises
Who this portfolio is for
We’re looking for fund managers who:
- Invest in technology clusters that reflect Canada’s core competitive strengths
- Target underserved but high-potential areas of the innovation economy
- Strive to contribute to a diverse and inclusive venture and growth capital asset class in Canada
Minimum criteria for eligibility for Thrive Platform indirect investment* includes:
- Women led or co-led general partner
- Commitment to investing a percentage of the portfolio in women led or co-led companies
- Continued demonstration and commitment to furthering diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives within their portfolio and broader ecosystem
* All investments are subject to comprehensive due diligence and underwriting criteria
Our leadership in fund formation and collaboration with global, standard-setting organizations is building a vibrant, responsible, and sustainable ecosystem for Canada.
Canada’s most active Limited Partner
Over $1B committed
Building trusted partnerships
Certain news link to external sites and are presented in French only.