The BDC Capital Women in Technology (WIT) Fund has a bold vision: Foster the creation of the next generation of millionaire Canadian women technology entrepreneurs. With $200 million to be invested, it is currently the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated solely to investing in women led technology companies across sectors.
The WIT fund is dedicated to supporting women-led tech firms at the seed, series A and series B stages. It invest directly alongside accelerator partners, investors and other corporate venture partners, as part of a syndicate or as a lead investor, and indirectly in other funds. The WIT fund also supports and develops emerging women investors and women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) considering entrepreneurship.
- Be a Canadian company, with a venture profile, led by women – have a woman founder, CEO, CTO, CFO or be in a key C-suite position
- Large, definable and defensible market opportunity
- Have a minimum viable product and initial market traction
- Have early revenues and an ability to scale
- Have first customer adoption or with revenues and accelerating sales growth quickly
- Have a coachable team
- Raising a minimum of $1 million in equity at the seed stage and up to $10 million at the growth stage
If you are not eligible for our Women in Technology Fund, we invite you to consider our tailored financing solutions available to technology entrepreneurs.
As our portfolio companies grow, their financing needs may also include other financing instruments such as debt or mezzanine financing, or working capital. We will work alongside our entrepreneurs to introduce them to other BDC financing sources or external providers to secure the right capital at the right time.
Certain news link to external sites and are presented in French only.