The BDC Capital Women in Technology Fund has a bold vision: Foster the creation of the next generation of millionaire Canadian women technology entrepreneurs. With $70 million to be invested over 5 years, it’s the largest venture capital fund in North America dedicated solely to investing in early stage Canadian women led technology companies across sectors.
As part of the program, $60 million are dedicated to direct investments to support women-led tech firms in equity at the seed stage, Series A stage and sometimes at the Series B stage, alongside accelerator partners, investors and other corporate venture partners, as part of a syndicate or as a lead investor. The remaining $10 million is allotted to indirect investments for regional initiatives.
- Be a Canadian company, with a venture profile, led by women – have a woman founder, CEO, CTO, CFO or be in a key C-suite position
- Large, definable and defensible market opportunity
- Have a minimum viable product and initial market traction
- Have early revenues and an ability to scale
- Have first customer adoption or with revenues and accelerating sales growth quickly
- Have a coachable team
- Raising a minimum of $1 million in equity at the seed stage and up to $10 million at the growth stage
If you are not eligible for our Women in Technology Fund, we invite you to consider our tailored financing solutions available to technology entrepreneurs.
As our portfolio companies grow, their financing needs may also include other financing instruments such as debt or mezzanine financing, or working capital. We will work alongside our entrepreneurs to introduce them to other BDC financing sources or external providers to secure the right capital at the right time.
Certain news link to external sites and are presented in French only.