Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
In its last two rate announcements, the Bank of Canada opted to maintain the status quo, keeping its key rate at 5.0% since July 12. Now that the U.S. Federal Reserve has also hit pause on its rate hikes, many are wondering if we could actually be done with tightening for this cycle. Could we even expect the Canadian central bank to lower rates soon? Read more
- October 2023—Let's talk recession!
- September 2023—3 ways Canada’s population boom is impacting the economy and your business
- July 2023—Will a new round of interest rate hikes trigger a recession?
- June 2023—Will businesses finally get a break from labour shortages and rising wages?
- May 2023—Has the Canadian housing market hit bottom?
- April 2023—Could U.S. banking turmoil turn into a financial crisis?