Whether it’s small improvements that increase efficiency, an exciting new product or a major overhaul that steps up your productivity, innovation can help you take your company to the next level. Draw on your team’s full potential and find new ways to enhance processes, procedures and product development. Seize the opportunity to be an innovator and drive your company’s growth.
What challenges are you facing?
Explore the headings below and discover how to make your business more innovative.
Why is innovation important?
Innovation is about shaping change—to improve your ability to compete, set your business apart in the marketplace and force competitors to react to you.
- 4 ways innovation can help your business
- Business innovation 101: How to innovate step by step
- How customer-focused innovation led to big sales for one manufacturer
- Investing in innovation: The key to 11% annual growth over 25 years
- Infographic— Grow your business with small innovations
- From our blog— The “I” word
Developing new products
Developing new products has its share of setbacks and failures. However, the payoff can be huge if your new product is a winner.
- How to generate new ideas: 5 steps that lead to innovation
- Start-up’s scary pivot leads to successful mobile travel app
- A laser-like focus on product: Serial tech entrepreneur shares her winning recipe
- One company’s successful product development process
- Canadian tech star expands worldwide
- This entrepreneur’s innovation formula? Never give up
- 5 steps to develop a new product your customers will love
- Secrets for developing winning products: A five-step approach
- How to rev up your company’s innovation engine
- LightSpeed rings up global growth with new retail concept
- Developing market-driven ideas
- Southstar Equipment: Strategies to build an innovation-focused company
- What Canadian manufacturers can learn from Germany's champions
- An entrepreneur off the beaten track
Making my business more innovative
When you adopt an innovative mindset and put innovation at the heart of your business, productivity, growth and profits will follow.
- From employee to owner: How this businesswoman turned around her company's finances
- 3 laws to create an innovative culture in your business
- 5 tips for sparking innovation in your business
- 5 steps to prepare your business for future disruption
- Video— How this entrepreneur built a leader in funeral products in North America
- How to organize a successful brainstorming session
- What is innovation? Building a more creative business
- Real world innovation for real world companies
- 7 tips for adopting an innovation mindset at your business
Financing my innovation projects
No matter the needs and the scale of your project, innovation requires financing. Learn more about the different sources of funding available for you to finance your business innovation projects.
Collaborating for innovation
By tapping into a partner’s knowledge and expertise, you can add value and identify opportunities for innovation that you may have missed otherwise.
Protecting my intellectual property
Whether you’re a creative entrepreneur or an inventor, in a knowledge-based economy, your ideas are some of your most precious business assets.
- From our blog— How to raise intellectual property-backed financing… in a dozen words
- From our blog— Why your business needs an intellectual property strategy
- Intellectual property: How to protect your investments
- How to get a patent: What you need to know to get started
- Developing and safeguarding your innovative ideas
- Patents, trademarks and copyright: How to protect your business ideas