We’re a B Corp
BDC first received the B Corp certification in 2013 – the first financial institution in Canada to do so. We recertified as a B Corp for the third time in May 2022. This certification reaffirms our unwavering commitment to creating greater economic, social, and environmental value for Canada and its entrepreneurs.
BDC is the B Corp movement’s national partner in Canada and presents the B Impact Assessment – the world’s most widely used ESG tool for entrepreneurs – to thousands of business owners each year. It does so via events and workshops, such as B Corp 101 and Getting to 80.
B Corporations are recognized as a force for good, meeting high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. The B Corp global community includes nearly 5,000 businesses in 77 countries and 153 industries.
Becoming a B Corp will:
- differentiate your company brand;
- attract millennial employees;
- attract social media interest;
- allow you to compare your company performance with your peers around the world;
- give you entry into a group of entrepreneurs who seek to do business with each other.