Logo - Business Development Bank of Canada - BDC

Exporting to the U.S.—frequently asked questions

Get answers to help you start exporting to the U.S.

12-minute read

The U.S. is by far Canada’s largest export market, and for good reason: our neighbour has the most vibrant economy in the world along with a familiar business culture, language and culture.

Still, Canadian entrepreneurs often come up against difficult issues when they’re exporting to the U.S., especially at the beginning.

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions to help you take advantage of opportunities south of the border.