With a good marketing plan you can expand your reach, set attainable objectives and launch your new products with success. Base your marketing strategies on knowledge of your target market and the competition and choose the right marketing mix to highlight your competitive advantage.
What challenges are you facing?
Explore the content below to discover how to effectively market your business.
Conducting market research
Understanding your customers, competition and marketplace is your key to making effective marketing decisions and avoiding costly mistakes.
- How to identify a competitive advantage
- How to define your target market
- 5 tips to create effective customer satisfaction surveys
- How market research helped one small business double sales
- 5 steps to conduct your own low-cost competitor analysis
- From our blog— 5 ways to improve your business with market research
- From our blog— A practical guide to market research to help you make better decisions
Defining my target market
By effectively defining your target market, your company will be in a better position to identify typical customers and tailor marketing plans accordingly.
- Use personas to create more effective marketing campaigns
- 5 game-changing consumer trends that will transform your business
- How to market and sell to early adopters
- 5 questions to answer before selling a foreign product in Canada
- How to understand your customers better
- From our blog— How to influence prospects who think they don’t need you
- From our blog— How to brand and sell to Millennials
- From our blog— Millennials: Drivers of a new consumer era
- From our blog— The ever-evolving digital consumer
Developing my marketing plan
Doing business without a marketing plan is like driving without a map. A solid plan should clearly lay out how you intend to attract customers and persuade them to buy.
- Finding the right product-market fit
- 7 low-cost marketing strategies to implement now
- A 5-step, no-nonsense marketing plan
- Low-cost marketing for your small business
- From our blog— Your top 5 marketing priorities for 2019
- From our blog— In the digital age, marketing fundamentals are the crucial differentiator
- From our blog— If you’re marketing without a plan, you’re just doing “stuff”
- From our blog— How to marry traditional and digital marketing
- From our blog— Your top marketing priorities
Creating my marketing budget
A marketing budget will help you measure the ROI of your marketing efforts, so you can focus proactively on the tactics that give you the most bang for your buck.
- Video— How to choose the right financing
- COVID-19: How to optimize your marketing spending
- What is the average marketing budget for a small business?
- 5 steps you need to know to plan your marketing budget
- How to avoid pitfalls in advertising your business
- From our blog— Open up your sales funnel by boosting your marketing budget
- From our blog— Developing a budget for your Website
Branding and positioning my business
A strong brand identity will favourably position your business in a competitive marketplace—the foundation of any successful marketing strategy.
- 5 steps to create a value proposition that will supercharge your sales
- 7 steps to setting the right price for your products or services
- Insights from data help this entrepreneur reach an untapped market
- Customer experience: The secret to retail success
- Score with your brand: How to propel your business with better branding
- How to counter predatory pricing
- Tentree international does well by doing good
- How to price your product: 5 common strategies
- How to find your unique selling proposition
- 6 easy strategies to attract more foreign visitors to your tourism business
- 4 steps to follow when reviewing your pricing policies
- 3 easy steps to your best logo and branding strategy
- Branding: 5 steps for building your company's brand
- Branding lessons from a successful small business
- Video— Entering new markets: Gray Tools
- The elevator pitch: How to present your business in 60 seconds
- Why differentiation is the key to small business success
- Is green marketing right for your business?
- From our blog— Connecting to your market through storytelling
- From our blog— 5 steps to spring clean your brand and refresh your marketing
- From our blog— 3 common signs your brand is broken (and 3 ways to fix it!)
- From our blog— 3 essential elements of a successful brand
Choosing the right distribution channels
Selecting the right distribution channels will ensure that your customers, no matter their location, can buy your products or services.
Implementing traditional marketing strategies
Digital technologies have changed the way everyone does business. That said, it might surprise you to know that traditional marketing remains a key lever in promoting your business.
Implementing digital marketing strategies
Today, a digital strategy is critical to the success of most small and medium-sized businesses; especially when it comes to attracting and serving customers.
- From our blog— 4 megatrends shaping the post-pandemic digital transformation
- COVID-19: How to stay in touch with customers during the crisis
- Video— 4 steps to online success
- 7 online marketing secrets for attracting local customers
- 4 online marketing mistakes holding your business back
- Video— Top trends in Canadian online business
- Video— Online marketing: Tips from a successful entrepreneur
- 4 steps to building an online marketing strategy
- 3 reasons why your business should be doing inbound marketing
- From our blog— Generating more leads using online marketing: A success story
- From our blog— Effective digital marketing takes time and resources. Are you ready?
- From our blog— What is mobile marketing anyway?
- From our blog— Online marketing case study: Auto Trim Design
- From our blog— B2B online marketing really does work!
- From our blog— Is your business ready for an online strategy?
- From our blog— Digital marketing: Small strategies… Big results
- Canada’s anti-spam legislation: What you need to do
- Canada’s anti-spam legislation: Your questions answered
- 10 tips for attracting customers with great online content
- Using email newsletters to achieve marketing success: 5 tips
- From our blog— Marketing automation tools make your digital marketing easier
- From our blog— What is content marketing and why is it so important?
Search Engine optimization
- From our blog— Apple and Google are changing the rules of digital advertising: Is your business ready?
- Pay-per-click advertisting: 8 tips to make it pay off
- How to use pay-per-click advertising to increase sales
- From our blog— Why your customer acquisition strategy needs to include paid digital advertising
- From our blog— Using landing pages and small data to optimize your online ad campaigns
- How to use a social media calendar effectively
- How to manage your reputation on customer review sites
- 6 ways to turn social media fans into customers
- How to create a social media strategy for your business
- 7 steps to create and optimize your company’s LinkedIn page
- How to market your business on Twitter
- Create a Facebook strategy for your business
- 10 tips for creating an online video strategy for your business
- From our blog— Social Media: Engage with your customers
Improving customer loyalty
It’s easier to persuade a customer who already knows you to buy again. In fact, an existing customer can cost up to five times less than winning a new one.
- Four tips on how to win clients and prospects through referrals
- Facebook marketing plan: No-nonsense tips to reach more customers
- 6 ways to build better customer relationships
- From our blog— 6 easy steps to create a customer loyalty program
- From our blog— Omnichannel marketing: 5 steps to a seamless customer experience
Even the very best marketing strategy will fail in today’s highly competitive and global marketplace if the company doesn’t track its ROI.
Optimizing my strategies and tactics
A continuous cycle of measuring, learning and making changes to your marketing initiatives will help your company maximize its returns on its marketing investments.
- From our blog— 2021 economic outlook: Playing catch-up
- COVID-19 and marketing: How to review the marketing four Ps
- How to adapt your marketing plan for COVID-19
- From our blog— Five ways to make your virtual events more inclusive
- From our blog— Restart your marketing as the economy reopens
- From our blog— Your top 5 marketing priorities for 2018
- From our blog— 4 essential questions you need to ask yourself when marketing your business
- From our blog— 5 ways you’re messing up your marketing (and how you can fix it!)
- From our blog— How to use easy tools to beat your online competition