Monthly Economic Letter
Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
Although recessions differ in their causes, magnitude and duration, one economic reality remains—the importance of consumer spending for recovery. Consumers are the main driver of the Canadian economy with consumption accounting for almost 60% of GDP.
In addition to the important role household spending plays in fueling an economic recovery, changing consumer behaviors also push companies to adapt and innovate. How will consumers behave after this crisis? And what will the impact be on your business? Read more
- January 2021—Brexit: Monumental change for Europe, but limited disruption for Canada
- December 2020—Onward and upward: Leaving 2020 behind
- November 2020 —Technology investments should be a priority for entrepreneurs
- October 2020 —What the U.S. election means for Canadian entrepreneurs
- September 2020 —Assessing the economy six months into the pandemic
- July 2020—Canadian tourism: Buckling in for a difficult recovery