Your business is only as successful as the people working in it. Human resource management can be the 'make or break' element of your organization. To get the best results, you need to take performance management seriously, provide regular feedback to your employees and invest in their development through training and coaching.
What challenges are you facing?
Read the following and discover how to manage your human resources more effectively.
Managing my employees
Implementing successful hr management practices are essential to raising employee satisfaction, performance and retention, which in turn is vital to the success of your business.
- From our blog— How to get employees on board your new strategic plan
- How a deliberate approach to diversity and inclusion improved employee engagement at this tech start-up
- How to prepare employees for a workplace return after COVID-19
- Best practices to ensure the health and safety of your employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How a psychologically healthy work environment is good for business
- How to manage your team remotely during a crisis
- How to create a sexual harassment policy for your business
- How to eliminate discrimination from your workplace
- Social media in the workplace: What to include in a social media policy
- How to get the best from your employees
- 9 tips for giving employees bad news
- Creating effective internal communications
- 10 ways to give constructive feedback to your employees
- 5 practical tips for managing conflict in your workplace
- Baby boomers, Generation X and Millennials: How to help them work together
- Managing an aging workforce—how your business can respond
Because high employee turnover can cost your business time and productivity, employee retention is critical to the growth and success of your business.
- How to improve employee morale and maintain engagement
- Maintaining employee engagement and loyalty through a crisis
- Managing employee health and wellness in the COVID-19 period
- How to retain employees in a tight job market
- 5 secrets for reducing employee turnover
- How to create a productive, healthy workspace
- Inspiring leadership builds an engaged, high performance team
Training and developing my employees
Regardless of what sector your company is in, providing employees with the opportunity for professional training and development through continuing education is highly motivating.
- Mentorship fills the labour gap: How this Ottawa glass company upskills its employees for a sales boom
- How to stop wasting money on employee training
- Why training employees is good for your bottom line
- How to train your managers
- 6 strategies for developing leaders in your company
- From our blog— Employee training: A crucial strategy for your business
Evaluating and compensating my employees
Study after study has shown that it takes much more than money to make people happy at work. But in order to reach that point, you need to start with a fair wage and an employee review process.
- Building your team: How to find the right mix of salary and benefits
- How to use stock options to recruit, retain and motivate start-up employees
- The basics of employer payroll deductions
- Low-cost strategies to attract and retain the best workers
- Employee satisfaction: Money isn’t everything
- How to pay your sales team: Commission, bonuses and salary
- How to set up an employee benefits plan
- Employee performance bonuses: How to use them effectively
- 7 tips to set the right salary for your employees
- How to keep employees engaged and productive on a budget
- Employee performance management: Use the SMART approach
- Employee evaluations: 9 tips for more effective performance evaluations
Terminating an employee
It’s never easy to fire an employee, but most entrepreneurs have to face the task at one time or another.