You want to make sure you're hiring the best talent into your company. By putting time and effort into recruitment, you'll reap the rewards with a well-qualified, engaged staff
What challenges are you facing?
Check out the content below to discover how to find and hire the right employees for your business.
Identifying hiring needs
A good place to start is to define roles and responsibilities. This will help you determine what needs to be accomplished as well as pinpoint the knowledge, experience and skills you are looking for.
- Labour shortages: How one entrepreneur is fighting back
- Employees or independent contractors—what’s the difference?
- Human resources planning: How to create an effective HR plan
- How to recruit the best university students for your business
- Recruiting top talents: 5 secrets to successfully building your team
- Why workplace diversity benefits your business
- A 5-step recruitment plan for small businesses
Finding the best candidates
By putting time and work into finding the right people, you will improve your chances of hiring the best performers and avoiding costly and painful mistakes.
- From our blog— Trouble hiring? 2 million additional workers could be employed by Canadian entrepreneurs
- This IT company finds and keeps great talent by looking internationally
- A multi-pronged approach to coping with a labour shortage
- Hiring the right salesperson: 3 tips to avoid hiring mistakes
- Tech company finds the right formula to attract the best millennials
- How to use a staffing agency to hire temporary workers
- How to hire the best employees for your business
- Using social media to find top recruits
Steps to hiring employees
Hiring the right people is crucial for the success of your business and that's why entrepreneurs should have a formal hiring process once they have found their ideal candidates.
- Your interview guide to hire successful employees
- How to hire remotely
- 6 mistakes to avoid when recruiting employees
- How to evaluate the qualifications of new immigrants
- How to hire a new employee: 5 essential steps
- Hiring interview questions: 5 tips on what to ask candidates
- Write effective job descriptions and postings
- How to hire the right people for your business
Bringing new employees on board
Once you have recruited the best, you need their full buy-in. Research indicates that the retention rate of new employees can be increased by as much as 40% with a solid orientation program.