Fiscal 2017 Annual Report
BDC supported a record number of 49,000 entrepreneurs with financing, investments and advisory services during Fiscal 2017.
During last year, BDC:
- Reached $29 billion in capital committed to small and medium-sized businesses;
- Provided $621 million in financing to majority-owned women businesses;
- Launched a $135 million venture capital fund to support energy and clean-tech start-ups;
- Launched a Free online productivity benchmarking tool to help entrepreneurs address the productivity gap;
- Earned $465 million in net income that will provide more capacity for investing in entrepreneurs;
- Was recognized among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 11th consecutive year.
In the past year, BDC supported entrepreneurs like:
Andrzej Lipinski, co-owner of Big Head Wines, turned to BDC for financing to purchase additional inventory that will allow the Niagara-on-the-Lake family-run winery to support its growing sales.
Caitlin MacGregor, from Plum, received venture capital investment from BDC Capital to grow her business, which uses psychometric assessments to help companies succeed by bringing predictability to the hiring process and company culture.