Digitize your business and gain a competitive edge with a step-by-step plan
Digitizing your business is essential to its continuing success, but it can be hard to pinpoint which projects and investments deserve your attention.
Join Pierre Cléroux, BDC’s Chief Economist, and Peter Lawler, Executive Vice President of BDC Advisory services and an expert on digitization, who will reveal a step-by-step process that you can use to digitize your business and gain a competitive edge.
- The main digital technologies Canadian entrepreneurs use
- The benefits of digitizing on profitability
- BDC’s free online tool that evaluates your level of digital maturity and compares it with other firms in your industry
- A step-by-step plan to digitize your business
Why digital matters to your business
Our research shows that in the last 3 years, businesses with greater digital maturity were:
- 62% more likely to have enjoyed high sales growth
- 52% more likely to have enjoyed high profit growth
- 70% more likely to have exported
- 3X more likely to have innovated
Businesses with low digital maturity:
- have performed poorly over the last 3 years
- a quarter have seen sales plummet in the last few years
Who should watch
- Manufacturers who want to learn more about the benefits of digital and how they can use it in their business to boost profits and gain a competitive edge.
- Canadian businesses owners from all sectors who want to better understand the impact of digital and how to leverage it in their business.
Vice President, Research and Chief Economist
Pierre Cléroux leads a team of experts who analyze economic data to identify business and sector trends impacting Canadian entrepreneurs. Mr. Cléroux is also responsible for providing economic analysis and advice to the Bank’s senior management team, and supervises all marketing and industry research activities. Over his 25-year career as an economist, he has held several influential positions that had a direct impact on entrepreneurs in Canada and abroad. A seasoned speaker, he regularly travels across the country to help business owners understand the risks and opportunities presented by the economic environment.
Executive Vice President, BDC Advisory Services
Peter Lawler manages the activities of BDC Advisory Services, which offers practical advice to entrepreneurs on a wide range of business subjects. He leads a pan-Canadian team of 225 people who help Canadian entrepreneurs make their companies more innovative, more productive and more competitive. Since joining BDC in 1991, Mr. Lawler has held a variety of roles in financing, credit risk management and corporate strategies. More recently, he was Senior Vice President, Financing and Consulting – Ontario. In this role, he worked closely with hundreds of Canadian entrepreneurs and played a key role in the development of strategies for the automotive, technology, and food and beverage sectors.