Invest in technology
Information technology can boost growth in companies of all sizes. An investment in new technology can result in reduced costs and improved profitability. Keep up to date with the latest developments in information systems and communications technology and choose the ones that are right for you. Effective business technology management can make all the difference.
What challenges are you facing?
Explore the headings below and learn how to choose technology solutions that are aligned with your business objectives.
Why invest in new technology?
Upgrading or incorporating new technology is one of the fastest ways to stimulate growth and make your business more competitive.
- From our blog— 3 pillars of a successful digital transformation
- From our blog— Why digital investments could fuel the recovery in Alberta and Saskatchewan
- From our blog— From deep tech to unicorns: Looking for the next wave of Canadian high-growth tech ventures
- Unleash the power of data to make better business decisions
- How to lead a digital transformation in your business
- Mobile apps and big data fuel this company’s growth
- Technology helps produce huge growth for homebuilder
- Automation helps Alberta manufacturer ride out the economic storm
- How can Industry 4.0 benefit my business?
- What is Industry 4.0?
- Industry 4.0: How to make the digital shift in your business
- How to use technology to improve your profits
- 6 keys to successful supply chain management
- 9 tech resolutions for your business
- 7 ways technology can improve your retail business
- Simple software solutions can save your business time and money
- From our blog— The Digital SME
- From our blog— Digital transformation is essential for your business to stay relevant
- From our blog— How does digital banking add value for a busy entrepreneur?
- From our blog— What is blockchain and what does it mean for your business?
- From our blog— Innovating with Startups: 3 ways to reach win-win outcomes
- From our blog— Equip your employees in the field with mobile apps
- From our blog— Is my company scalable? 8 points to consider
- From our blog— Technology: An opportunity not to be missed
Choosing technology solutions
Technology offers a vast array of powerful tools that range from simple to complex. But regardless of the tool, they all aim to improve productivity by automating otherwise manual business functions.
- Three steps to a successful digital strategy
- Logistics company finds tech solution to northern shipping problem
- Developing a digital business culture
- 5 steps to plan for your technology purchases
- Is your business ready for an ERP system?
- How to overcome resistance to your tech project
- 8 steps for a successful technology investment
- Cloud computing: A cost-effective technology solution
- 5 steps to boost your cash flow using accounting software
- From our blog— IT strategy: 6 steps to creating your technology roadmap
Finding the right software
When choosing a solution, you’re not just choosing software; you are also choosing one or more vendors that will work with you throughout and after implementation.
- 10 tips for selecting an ERP system for your small business
- 3 key steps for selecting an ERP system for your business
- Video— 6 affordable ways to transform your business
- Your ERP system: Should it be custom-built or off-the-shelf?
- How to maximize your ROI on small business software
- Investing in technology: 6 low-cost opportunities
Obtaining financing to buy technology
Managing technology risks
Technology can be a game changer for small and medium-sized businesses. But it has to be implemented and managed properly or else opportunity can quickly turn to disaster.
- 6 tips to protect your company’s data
- Phishing, malware and online pop-ups: 8 major technology security risks for your business
- Technology risks to your business: 5 ways to get ready
- 10 questions to boost your tech security
- Your checklist for avoiding IT security breaches
- From our blog— A cyber hygiene checklist can help prevent attacks on your business
- From our blog— A cyber playbook helps your business respond effectively to an attack