Technology roadmap template and checklist
Major technology initiatives can be intimidating. They are usually expensive, take a long time to complete, carry a high risk of failure and can be very disruptive to the company’s day-to-day operations.
Despite these challenges, companies that have invested in digital technologies are reporting higher sales and profit growth than their peers. They are also more likely to export and innovate.
A technology roadmap is a planning tool that aligns your business objectives to long- and short-term technology solutions. It will help you move forward with confidence and purpose while avoiding costly mistakes. You can learn more by reading our blog post on creating your technology roadmap.
This template and checklist are designed help you create your roadmap. Modify them as necessary to reflect your company’s circumstances and objectives.
These tools will help you:
- identify your strategic objectives
- understand your current technological systems
- plan for future technology needs
- define your functional technology needs and priorities
- evaluate the costs of your tech initiatives
- provide a timeline for the implementation of new systems
- create a digital cutlure
- appoint an IT steering committee