Here you'll find concise data and clear analysis prepared by our team of economists, including interest rates, economic growth, business credit conditions, and more.
In the current issue:
Interest rates have been rising for the past year in Canada as the economy has improved. The Bank of Canada has raised its key policy rate, by 1.25% since July 2017, and more increases are likely over the next 18 months. Just how high rates will go remains an open question, but most observers don’t expect them to spike.
- October 2018 - The new trade deal with the U.S. and Mexico: Good for business
- Septembre 2018 - Canadian entrepreneurs remain confident despite trade turbulence
- July 2018 - Protectionism on the rise: The U.S. administration’s trade policies are aimed at increasing exports
- June 2018 - How the gig economy can help meet your labour needs
- May 2018 - Where are house prices going? And why it matters
- April 2018 - What’s the new U.S. tax plan all about?