Buy or lease commercial real estate
Are you thinking of buying commercial real estate? There are several factors that you need to consider before making an acquisition, including the type of property you want to purchase, the risks and benefits involved, and how to finance the property.
What challenges are you facing?
Read on to learn more about buying or leasing commercial real estate.
Assessing my needs
Before making the important decision to buy commercial property, you need to understand your situation, your real estate needs, and what you’re looking for. Find out what you need to do before you start your search.
- Why this retail entrepreneur invests in commercial real estate
- 7 tips for planning your new location layout
- How to choose the right location for your business
- Zoning issues and their impact on your commercial space
- Video— Should I buy or lease my commercial space?
- 11 tips for moving your business to a new location
- How to get the right team of commercial real estate advisors
- How to assess your company’s needs when buying commercial real estate
Leasing commercial real estate
If your business is still at its early stages, or your company’s revenues are highly unstable, leasing your new space might be a better option for now. Find out what you need to know to do get the most benefit out of your commercial lease.
- Commercial real estate: What does the future hold for Canadian entrepreneurs?
- Commercial landlords and tenants need to work together
- 13 terms you need to understand before signing your commercial real estate lease
- How to negotiate a commercial lease effectively
- How to protect your business when making leasehold improvements
- How to lease commercial real estate
- How to budget effectively before leasing a commercial space
Buying commercial real estate
Buying commercial real estate can be a complex undertaking for small business owners. Here’s what you need to know to plan your purchase with your company’s best interest in mind.
- 5 tips for buying commercial real estate
- 6 steps to plan your commercial real estate purchase
- Constructing your own commercial building? 12 tips to build wisely
- Commercial real estate acquisition: 5 tips for success
- Infographic— Understanding hidden costs when buying commercial real estate
- How this entrepreneur found the right commercial property for his business
- 8 purchase agreement terms you need to know before buying commercial real estate
- 5 ways to maximize your commercial real estate investment
- How to negotiate effectively when buying commercial real estate
- How to budget effectively before buying commercial real estate
Financing commercial real estate
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, you’ll need to secure financing before making your real estate purchase. Find out about the different financing options available and which ones suit your current needs best.
Closing my commercial real estate deal
Before finalizing your real estate purchase, make sure that you carefully evaluate the property you’re about to acquire to avoid making any costly mistakes.
- Buying a commercial building? Don't forget about due diligence
- Environmental issues to watch out for when buying commercial realty
- How to avoid a commercial condo disaster
- 7 commercial real estate surprises to avoid
- What you need to know about environmental site assessments
- Why do I need a building condition assessment?