BDC leverages indirect channels to increase its impact on Canadian businesses by providing capital to financial intermediaries. In doing so, BDC aims to broaden its reach to support Canadian entrepreneurs through the financial ecosystem.
SMEs indirectly assisted1
cumulative amount disbursed1
finance companies provided with wholesale funding1
Our complementary solution
Through our expertise and experience in multiple industries, we provide liquidity to Canadian financial institutions throughout economic cycles. Our Funding Platform for Independent Lenders (F-PIL), in partnership with our private sector partner, assists in the growth of independent finance companies that are largely underserved in the market. Through our platform, we offer securitization, secured and structured loans for:
- Small and medium-sized financial institutions that lend to or assist commercial entities
- Underlying assets/securities that are primarily equipment, vehicle/fleet leases or loans
- Inventory financing programs
- Companies with a demonstrable ability to grow their operations
Through F-PIL, companies can access funding with scalable financial terms for more access to financing and potentially more favourable funding costs. These companies can be more competitive on pricing with SMEs.
Highlights of the Funding Platform for Independent Lenders (F-PIL)
If you run a finance or leasing company and want to gain access to funding, we will work with your business to assess your needs and determine financing rates based on your company’s assets.
Benefits of working with BDC
- Favourable funding costs, which can be passed on to entrepreneurs
- Funding provided on a match-funded basis, e.g. contracts funded for their entire term
- Uncommitted and committed facilities
- No public rating required
- Template documentation to make transactions more timely, cost effective and easier to complete
Securitization investment opportunities
Third-party investors are welcome to participate with BDC to purchase offered securities and benefit from:
- Structuring expertise
- Market knowledge
- Transactions tailored to investors’ requirements
If you are interested in accessing F-PIL funding, please contact James Joyce, BOAT Capital LP, at BOAT_Info|AT|990assetmanagement|DOT|com.
1 As of July 31, 2022