Sell your business
Entrepreneurs often wait until the last minute to make hard decisions about selling a business. A clear plan takes time to develop, but assures that you get full value for your company. Find out how to sell a business and lay the groundwork for a successful transition.
What challenges are you facing?
Explore the headings below and learn how to prepare for the sale of your business.
Am I ready to sell my business?
As an entrepreneur it’s not easy to think about selling your company. But knowing when the time is right and planning ahead of time will improve your chances of getting the best sales price and conditions.
- Selling your business: 3 signs you may be ready to exit
- Selling your business: Can it run without you?
- Selling your business? 7 steps to increase its value
- From our blog— How to unlock equity value and liquidity without selling your business
- From our blog— 5 do’s and don’ts when selling a business
- From our blog— Understanding the options for selling your business
Determining the value of my business
Whether you're passing the company onto a family member or selling it to outside interests, keep in mind that you will need a business valuation that establishes a realistic and fair dollar picture for your business.
Finding a buyer
Buyers are likely to look at your profitability, growth potential and operational efficiency, and whether you have a strong vision and viable business strategy.
Ensuring a successful transition
To ensure a successful transition, it is important to define, develop and implement a plan that guarantees the ongoing growth and success of your business.