Post-merger integration checklist
Bringing two businesses together can be a great growth opportunity. But integrating business cultures and operations also comes with unique challenges. Aligning executives on post-merger strategy, integrating teams and communicating the merger to internal and external stakeholders should be carefully managed in the lead-up to a business acquisition or merger.
Use this checklist to create a step-by-step business integration plan when preparing for a merger or business acquisition.
Why use an integration checklist?
A checklist will help you to focus on strategic priorities for your M&A and itemize essential tasks in the lead-up to an acquisition. It can keep you on track to manage essential elements of business communication to ensure post-merger success.
How will the post-merger checklist help me?
The checklist for post-merger integration will help you:
- set and achieve your strategic goals for the acquisition
- plan how to align executives and integrate teams before the merger
- create a day-one handover plan for when you take over a new business
- get buy-in from employees on your integration plan
- maintain a consistent brand and corporate image following a merger or acquisition