Checklist: Getting started with e-commerce
Changing consumer habits and new, easy-to-use technologies have made e-commerce a can’t-miss opportunity. Beyond setting up a website, there are many technological, logistical and legal details to consider. Before you can open your online store, you’ll need an e-commerce business plan to identify and market to new customers and fulfill orders online.
Use this checklist as a step-by-step guide to launch your online business.
Why do I need a checklist to launch an online store?
The checklist breaks down the elements of your e-commerce business plan, from obtaining the right technology and partners to ensuring you have people to market and manage online sales.
How can I use the checklist to get by business online?
The checklist breaks down your e-commerce business plan in stages:
- find target customers online
- develop a unique selling proposition for your online business
- identify staff and technology needs to support your e-commerce plan
- launch your business website
- set up your online store
- use online marketing and partnerships to reach new customers
- maintain your website to fulfill online orders