Boost your chances of obtaining a business loan by understanding what bankers look for, how they'll assess your request and what you can do to help them say yes, even if you're a first-time business borrower.
View an excerpt of the guide
- The top 6 questions your banker will ask when assessing your request
- What issues you need to consider besides the interest rate
- 3 common mistakes entrepreneurs make when borrowing money
- Types of collateral and how to decide which one is right for you
- 6 things you can do to boost your credibility
What are bankers looking for
Find out what bankers take into account when evaluating a loan request and the common types of collateral.
Choosing a bank and negotiating your loan
Find out why shopping around for the right loan can pay big dividends, what information you should know when meeting your banker and the four types of loans generally available at Canadian banks
Advice for start-ups
Essential tips for first-time borrowers to improve your odds of success, including the key information your business plan must have.
Once you have your loan
Find out why it's important to maintain a strong relationship with your banker after you've obtained a loan and how to go about it.