Montreal, January 29, 2018—BDC Capital, the investment arm of BDC, is pleased to announce that it has completed over $57 million in minority equity investments in high-growth mid-sized Canadian businesses.
These investments are part of the bank’s commitment, announced in June, to invest $250 million in growth equity over the next five years to help mid-sized firms scale in size. Most recent transactions include:
- BID Group Holdings Ltd., one of the largest integrated suppliers to the wood processing industry and the North American leader in the field;
- Intelcom Express, one of the top last-mile delivery companies in Canada;
- Prodomax Automation, one of North America’s large automation companies providing manufacturing production systems for automotive manufacturers;
- Rx Drug Mart, an independent pharmacy retail organization, that operates over 40 pharmacies across Canada;
- Altitude Sports, a web retailer specializing in both urban and outdoor high-end clothing
- Delco Automation, a leading technology driven integrator of process automation and control systems, specialized in security, water and healthcare facilities.
- InvestorCOM, a leader in providing financial technology and outsourcing services to banks, asset managers, insurance companies and investment dealers.
BDC Capital is a long-term, patient minority equity investor with an experienced team and the resources to facilitate ownership transition and accelerate the next stage of meaningful growth for Canadian companies.
“We are pleased with the enthusiastic reaction of Canadian entrepreneurs to our new minority equity offering. They welcome the opportunity to partner with BDC Growth Equity to support their future growth plans and secure a part of the wealth they have created ”, says Patrick Latour, Senior Vice President, Growth & Transition Capital at BDC Capital.
“Our team has been very active, as noted by the pace at which we are committing funds while respecting our investment criteria,” adds Claude Miron, Vice President, Growth Equity with BDC Capital. “These investments are BDC Capital’s answer to fulfill an important gap in the equity financing ecosystem for Canadian entrepreneurs and align perfectly with our vision of being the minority equity partner of choice for Canadian entrepreneurs looking for growth capital to become world-class players in their industry.”
BDC Growth Equity addresses a market gap for mid-market growth companies, by making minority equity investments of up to $25 million to support expansion through organic growth, acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, or to facilitate succession planning and ownership transitions.
About BDC Capital
With more than $2 billion under management, BDC Capital is the investment arm of BDC, serving as a strategic partner to Canada's most innovative and high potential firms. It offers a range of equity, venture capital and flexible growth and transition capital solutions to help Canadian entrepreneurs scale their businesses into global champions. To find out more, visit bdc.ca/capital.