Benefit from a complete solution and BDC's extensive experience in start-up financing.
One of the biggest challenges for small businesses is getting adequate financing. That's why BDC's start-up financing is designed to provide a complete solution to help entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
For an early-stage business or in the first 12 months of sales, we can provide funds to invest in:
- Working capital to supplement an existing line of credit
- Fixed assets
- Fund marketing and start-up fees
- A franchise purchase
- Advisory services
Benefits for your business
Flexible repayment terms to protect your cash flow
- Longer amortization periods
- The option to postpone capital payments at the start of the loan
- Match payments to the seasonal or progressive cash flow pattern of your business
- Make a 15% annual prepayment at any time without penalty
Peace of mind
- Stable terms and conditions that don't change without due causes
Are you eligible?
- Canadian-based business established for the first time
- Generating revenues for less than 12 months
- Good credit history
- Solid business plan ready—see our free template
- You’ve reached the age of majority in the province or territory where you live
- Have a reasonable financial investment in the business
- Have experience or expertise in your chosen field
- Demonstrate realistic market and sales potential
- Demonstrate key personal characteristics of a successful entrepreneur
- Have a competent management team
If you are an Indigenous entrepreneur, discover solutions designed for you.