The U.S. market offers a world of opportunities to Canadian companies like yours, but it's a lot trickier than most entrepreneurs realize. Planning your expansion is the best way to ensure your long-term success.
Whether you're new to doing business in the U.S., or you've had some experience but feel the need for additional guidance, we can help.
Our expertise, resources and business contacts can provide the support your need to enter the U.S. market and grow your sales and market share.
Our U.S. Market Entry Plan is designed to help you:
- develop your business in the U.S. using a structured approach
- understand the complexities of the U.S. market to avoid costly mistakes and unexpected roadblocks
- validate the states or regional markets with the most potential
- identify and validate prospective partners and/or clients
- help you establish initial contact with the most promising partners and clients
- mitigate risk and facilitate decision-making
- leverage BDC’s business networks in Canada and the U.S.
BDC's U.S. Market Entry Plan
Here is what we will do to help you succeed in the U.S. market:
Gather business and market intelligence
- Confirm your company’s capacity to enter the U.S. market
- Assess the market potential for your products or services
- Identify ways to leverage your existing business network
- Validate your state or regional markets
- Provide an overview of the structure and competitive dynamics of your company's industry in the U.S.
Identify potential partners and/or clients
- Identify and validate prospective partners and/or clients in the selected states or regional markets
- Establish a shortlist of prequalified partners
- Help you establish initial contact with the most promising partners and clients
Develop a market entry plan
- Provide you with a market entry plan outlining your commercial objectives in the U.S., the structure and competitive dynamics of your industry in the U.S. and a list of actions to start your expansion
- Provide financial guidance and analysis as needed
Leverage BDC's business networks
- Partner with our network of contacts—including federal and provincial trade commission services, Export Development Canada (EDC), foreign partners and third-party independent firms—to help you establish your presence in the U.S.
Measure your results
- Provide on-demand advisory services if you feel the need for additional support to execute your market entry plan, measure your progress or make adjustments to the plan
Plan for success in the U.S. market!