Find out how to plan and manage a successful business transition, from finding the right successor or buyer to maximizing the value of your business and arranging financing. Read inspiring success stories and get tips and advice from Canadian entrepreneurs to help with your planning.
View an excerpt of the eBook
- Why planning ahead is crucial to getting the best sale price and conditions
- The 6 essential steps of transition planning
- The 3 main types of business transitions and how to decide which is best for your business
- 6 ways to ensure a smooth exit
- How to prepare your business for sale and 8 strategies to maximize its value
- The 5 main sources of financing
Get ready for transition
Discover why it's crucial to plan ahead and find out the six planning steps you need to take to ensure a smooth transition.
Your succession options
Find out the three main options for selling or passing on your business, the pros and cons of each and advice on how to conduct each type of transition.
How to prepare your business for sale
Get expert advice on what buyers take into consideration and get 8 strategies to maximize the price when selling to external buyers.
How much is your business worth?
Learn how to establish a realistic value for your business and discover the most common method used to determine a fair sale price.
Financing the transition
Find out what constitutes a good financing package and discover the 5 main sources of financing.