Entrepreneurs need more than money to succeed. This is why our BDC Advisory Services team offers them a full range of non-financial services, providing entrepreneurs in all industries and at all stages of growth with practical business advice.
To supplement our delivery capacity, we work with a network of independent consultants, carefully selected for their business acumen and suitability to work with small and medium-sized business leaders.
We want to hear from you
- Do you have at least five years of proven experience as an independent consultant or working for a consulting firm?
- Are you familiar with the challenges facing small and medium-sized businesses?
- Looking for new sources of business?
Why become a BDC network consultant?
Partner with a renowned organization
We are Canada's development bank and the only financial institution devoted exclusively to entrepreneurs.
Learn and grow
You will work with methodologies and tools built by a team of experts in the field and collaborate with other Advisory Services professionals.
Make a difference
Our Advisory Services team is driven by the goal of having a positive and measurable impact on the entrepreneurs and business owners we serve.
How we work with network consultants
We look for consultants who have their own successful practices but who would like to broaden their business reach through a partnership with BDC.
- BDC scopes all projects and handles proposal.
- BDC provides the framework, methodology and all tools required for the assignments.
- Network consultants adhere to BDC's Code of Conduct and work under BDC's brand while on projects.
- An internal BDC project lead oversees each project and is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction, quality assurance and the success of the mandate.
While all applicants are considered, BDC carefully manages the size of its network. We only add new consultants when we have capacity gaps to fill.
Our goal is to ultimately make our consultants an extension of BDC Advisory Services and develop a fulfilling long-term partnership.