ISO 9001—Quality management
More than one million businesses around the world are certified to ISO 9001. Obtaining this standard shows your commitment to providing the highest quality products or services to your customers.
Getting ISO 9001 certified can help you:
- Reduce quality problems
- Increase cost savings and productivity
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Create greater demand for your products and services
- Make your business more competitive
- Make better decisions and improve employee morale
The ISO 9001 norm is frequently updated. The latest revision to the ISO 9001:2015 version offered a number of improvements over the previous standard.
- There is now greater consistency between the ISO 9001 standard and other norms in the ISO family.
- The new ISO 9001 standard requires businesses to use “risk-based thinking” to identify, consider and control the risks that are inherent in any system, process or function.
- The standard is more flexible and requires less documentation than previous versions.
ISO 14000—Environmental management
ISO 14000 is an international standard for environmental management systems. ISO 14001 certification can help you:
- Enhance your environmental performance
- Fulfill compliance obligations
- Achieve environmental objectives
- Generate greater demand for your products and services and increase their acceptance
- Reduce risk and liability while increasing efficiency and customer confidence
ISO 22000—Food safety management
The ISO 22000 certification is an international food safety management system.
ISO 22000 certification can help you:
- Develop a food safety management system
- Demonstrate your compliance with government food safety requirements
- Gain customer confidence
- Develop new partnership and export opportunities
- Build employee awareness of hygiene and safety
ISO 50001—energy management
The ISO 50001 certification works with the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards to integrate energy management into your company’s overall quality and environmental improvement efforts.
ISO 50001 certification can help you:
- Develop a policy for energy efficiency
- Establish energy use targets
- Collect and use data to make decisions about energy use
Get outside help
Regardless of the ISO international standard you choose, it’s a good idea to reach out to an experienced consultant who can help you implement the processes and procedures you need to get certified.