For small businesses and not-for-profits
This Program is meant to help you to pay non-deferrable operating expenses and quickly return to providing services to your community and create employment
Up to $10,000 loan forgiveness
By repaying 75% of your loan on or before December 31, 2022, you can keep the remaining 25% (up to $10,000)!
If the loan cannot be repaid by December 31, 2022, it can be converted into a 3-year term loan with an interest rate of 5%.
Repay at your pace
Principal payments can be made at your pace, without fees or penalties, by December 31, 2022.
Fast and easy
Applying is fast and easy. Contact your primary financial institution today.
Further details, including the launch date and application process will be announced in the coming days.
For more details on the Canada Emergency Business Account, visit the Government of Canada’s website
Is my business eligible?
Below are some of the eligibility criteria
Contact your primary financial institution to apply
Looking for a different financing solution for your business? See how BDC can help
Frequently asked questions
Here are some answers to questions you may have on the Canada Emergency Business Account
How can I use the funds from the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) program?
The funds are meant to pay non-deferrable operating expenses such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax and regularly scheduled debt service.
Why can’t I apply for the CEBA program with BDC?
This program is put in place by the Government of Canada and has been implemented by eligible financial institutions in cooperation with Export Development Canada (EDC).
Which financial institutions are participating in the CEBA program?
There are currently 232 financial institutions participating in the CEBA program. The complete list can be found here.
Which other relief program can help my business?
A number of measures, in addition to access to credit, have been put in place through the Government of Canada’s Economic Response Plan to help you through these trying times. We invite you to consult these pages to find out what measure best fits your needs.