Your business plan should include
- Business overview: A brief description of your company and where it stands in the marketplace;
- Sales & marketing plan: The sales & marketing strategies that will be used to target your customers;
- Operating plan: A description of the physical aspect of your business operations;
- Human resources plan: Details on your key staff, HR policies & procedures;
- Action plan: The planned actions of the business over the next 2 to 3 years;
- Executive summary: A summary of the reasons you are seeking financing, together with a summary of your business operations;
- Financial appendix: The facts and figures that back up what you say in your plan.
Terms and conditions
We allow you to use these templates only as part of your business activities, but we do not guarantee that they fit your needs.
Unfortunately, we do not offer any assistance.
You are responsible for the content of the documents you create using these templates. We are not responsible for the value or accuracy of these documents, nor for the damages resulting from their use.
If you do not agree with what you just read, do not use the templates.
Our free business plan template is part of a kit put together to help you define who you are, describe your business, and document how you will be profitable.
Your business plan is not only a necessity when seeking financing for your project, it is a recognized management tool that outlines exactly what your company will do and how it plans to succeed.
See what your business plan should include
BDC’s free business plan template designed to help Canadian entrepreneurs
As a development bank, BDC has been working with entrepreneurs for over 65 years to develop business plans that help them succeed. Our business plan template is designed to allow you to prepare a professional plan, and take your business to the next level toward growth and success.
What does our kit include:
- Blank business plan template with financial appendix, including a user guide and glossary.
- An example business plan.
- Instructions and how-to articles.