1. About your Client Space
1.1 What is your Client Space?
Your Client Space is a secure website that allows you to access your accounts with BDC. Once logged in, you can, among other things:
- View information on your loan and consulting services
- View your debit or billing notices and your transactions history
- Apply for a loan and ask consulting services
- Contact your account managers
- Exchange documents with BDC
- Update your information
- Any additional terms that may apply to specific products or services
- Any instructions we give you about using your Client Space
2. Your obligations
2.1 You are responsible for everything that happens in your Client Space
2.1.1 Keep your information up-to-date
It is important that you keep your information up-to-date, including:
- Your mailing and email addresses
- Your phone numbers
2.1.2 Verify the information you use
You must make sure that any information you use in your Client Space is correct.
2.1.3 Check your client space regularly
It is your responsibility to access and review all information in your Client Space.
Information in your Client Space may contain errors or be incomplete due to technical reasons. In this case, the official information is the information we extract from our database.
2.1.4 Contact us immediately if you think there is a problem
You must call us immediately if you think there is a problem with the information about your accounts in your Client Space.
2.2 You must take appropriate security measures
Here are security measures you must take to protect yourself from threats like hacking and fraud on your account. To learn more about how to comply with your security obligations, read our article on How to protect your business from fraud.
2.2.1 Use a secure password
You must use a secure password to access your Client Space. This means you cannot choose a password that other people can guess, like the name of a family member or your birth date.
2.2.2 Do not share your password with anywone
Your password is confidential. Do not share your account with anyone to keep it secure.
2.2.3 Do not let others access your account
You must never let others access your account.
2.2.4 Always sign out when you are done
You must always sign out of your Client Space when you are done.
Although our website will log you out if you are inactive for 15 minutes, this feature may not work in some cases. It is your responsibility to log out.
2.2.5 Use your client space, not your email, to send instructions or confidential informations
All communication through your Client Space is secured. Emails are not. Always send instructions or confidential information through your Client Space.
2.2.6 Take appropriate secutiry measures for your device
It is your responsibility to keep your device secure when accessing your Client Space. You may use an up-to-date anti-virus software and a firewall system, if necessary.
2.2.7 Call us immediately if you suspect suspicious activities
You must call us immediately if you suspect any suspicious activity on your account.
2.2.8 Comply with additional security requirements we instruct you to follow
Occasionally, we may inform you of additional security requirements. You must follow them, even if they are not spelled out in this policy.
2.3 Do not give us false, inaccurate or incomplete information
Do not provide us with false, inaccurate or incomplete information. If we do not have the right information about you or your accounts, we may be unable to serve you correctly.
3. Our obligations
3.1 We do our best to provide you with accurate information about your accounts
You have full access at any time to information about your accounts in your Client Space. While we do our best to provide you with accurate information, account information in your Client Space may occasionally contain errors due to technical reasons.
3.2 We do not send you confidential information by email
We do not send you confidential information by email. For example, we will never send you personal information or information related to your account, such as your balance, payments, or similar information.
We will communicate confidential information to you through the online communication feature in your Client Space.
We keep improving your Client Space to provide you with the best possible services. We do not guarantee that any feature will remain available. In fact, we may add or remove features at any time. We will not notify you if we do.
3.4 We will send you electronic notices
We will notify you in one of the following ways:
- Through your Client Space
- On any of our websites
- To your email or mailing address. In this case, we will use the most recent contact information we have to reach you
4. Our responsibility is limited to cases of negligence and unauthorized transactions
4.1 We will compensate you if you suffer damages because we have been negligent
If we have been negligent according to reasonable commercial standards, we will compensate you for any of your damages that are a direct consequence of our negligence.
4.2 We will not compensate you for any other damages
We will not compensate you for any damage that is indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary, in whole or in part.
In addition, we will not compensate you for a business interruption, or for any loss of profits, data, information, opportunity, revenues, goodwill or any other commercial or economic loss.
This is true:
- Even if we have been negligent
- Even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages
- Regardless of the legal basis of your claim
4.3 We have no responsibility in any other case
4.3.1 We will not compensate you if you are responsible
- If you share your password
- If you provide us or a third-party with false or inaccurate information, even if it is an honest mistake
- If you authorize a transaction
- If you give us false, inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information, even if it is an honest mistake
- If you use your Client Space when you know or should know that your account or your device are compromised by a security breach
- If you engage in any fraudulent, criminal or dishonest acts when using your Client Space
- If we suspend or end your access to your Client Space, for any reason
4.3.2 We will not compensate you in case of delays, interruptions of service or technical failures
We cannot guarantee that your Client Space will never encounter any technical problems. We will not compensate you for any damages in the following cases:
- If something beyond our control causes delays or interruptions or prevents us from fulfilling our obligations, such as a technical failure or a system malfunction
- If a delay or interruption prevents you from accessing your Client Space (we do not compensate you, even if you have to pay late fees or additional interest to a third party)
- Your Client Space displays incomplete or inaccurate information
- If we suspend or end your access to your Client Space, for any reason
5.1 You have the right to stop using your Client Space
You have the right to stop using your Client Space at any time. To do so, you must:
- Contact your account manager or
- Call us at 1-800-974-0005
5.2 We have the right to close your account
We can close your account at any time. We will do our best to notify you, but we have no obligation to do so.
5.3.1 Additional terms apply for specific services
Additional terms for certain services may apply to you. For example, for your Client Space, you should also read any loan agreements you have with us.
5.3.3 In case of contradiction, specific terms prevail over general terms
Note: The masculine is used without prejudice and only for the sake of readability.