Offers sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions
About the company
Established to represent North American pulp and paper mills in world markets, the company has become a leading marketer of paper products, with offices in Canada and the United States.
Location: Saint Lambert, Quebec
Industry: Pulp and paper
The company’s demographics revealed that higher employee attrition through retirements could lead to a significant loss of knowledge. As a response to this, this growing firm was looking to standardize and document its processes, as well as reduce waste and errors, improve workflow and better manage inventory.
BDC’s operational efficiency experts helped the company update and standardize its processes so it could better respond to a higher volume of transactions, improve the internal communication flow between different departments and reduce its financial risk related to warehouse inventory management.
- Standardized key processes, including sales, purchasing, logistics and accounting
- Reduced handling and invoicing errors
- Reduced waiting time between departments
- Developed KPIs
- Identified areas for efficiency improvements
- Increased visibility of dormant inventory
- Maximized the use of ERP system