Supreme Diesel & Auto Repair
With the help of BDC, we were able to get our team fully onboard with our operational efficiency efforts. This led to impressive results that everybody can be proud of!
About the company
A full-service diesel truck repair and automotive facility
Location: Sexsmith, Alberta
Industry: Diesel and automotive repair
The owner wanted to improve the company’s efficiency and productivity, as well as increase service through-put. The COVID-19 pandemic also affected the availability and lead time for parts. This increased wait times and created inventory issues.
BDC’s operational efficiency experts first did an assessment of the company’s operations by evaluating the processes and operational challenges. BDC engaged their key members in workshops, gained consensus and formulated clear action plans for improvements. BDC also coached the shop supervisor to effectively implement improvements.
- Secured employee buy-in for continuous improvement
- Streamlined process (sales to cash) by implementing quick wins
- Reorganized the shop/yard layout to reduce time spent looking for tools, parts, keys and in-service vehicles
- Invested in equipment to improve efficiency
- 4% improvement in margins for sales of parts
- Increased labour sales by 19%
- Year-over-year improvement of net margin by 47%
Improvement in margins for sales of parts
Increase in labour sales
Year-over year net margin improvement