As we undergo a total digital transformation, BDC’s experts have been highly responsive, providing us invaluable advice to help us stay on track with our goals and get us to where we want to be!
Takes pride in innovative robotics
About the company
A renowned global player in the design and manufacture of refractory products.
Location: Chicoutimi, Quebec
The plant was still working in artisanal mode and required too many employees and manual interventions on the floor. It also faced issues such as significant waste and redundancy, which was slowing down production time. As well, the corporation needed to invest in a new management system and implement software to improve communications for employees.
BDC provided the company guidance throughout its digital transformation, including a global redesign of the plant with automated processes and robotics; implementing an ERP system that would encompass all functionalities from resource planning to billing; and, integrating Microsoft software to enhance communications.
- Automated production line, including investing in robotics
- Creation of new robotics spin-off
- Integrated new ERP system to improve business management
- Implemented communications software at the corporate level
- Weathered the COVID-19 pandemic with improved communications
- Nurtured a culture of continuous improvement