Real estate is essential to our operations but is not our core business. Over the years, BDC has supported the acquisition of several terminals that are close to our clients, hubs and highways, and talent.
Transitioned from a small family operation to one of North America’s top 250 largest fleets and Canada’s fastest growing companies
About the company
An asset-based transportation, logistics and warehousing company
Location: Montreal, Quebec
The company needed transportation terminal space to support its unprecedented growth and was looking to acquire properties to meet its evolving needs.
BDC’s Corporate Financing experts collaborated closely with the client to efficiently offer a customized, flexible financing solution to acquire sites. The financing team leveraged the fact that the client is a landlord generating rental income, which permitted a deal structure with limited corporate guarantees from the operating company.
- Obtained financing quickly
- Multiple transportation terminals, as well as locations for its sister company, Tristan Fleet Management
- Increased sales and net income
- Enhanced its competitive edge in the market
- Anchored major U.S. clients