Since BDC is committed to innovating and offering you an unparallelled experience, we now have a virtual interview platform that allows you to do your preselection interview for certain positions online at the time and place that are most convenient for you.
If your application is selected, you’ll be sent an email containing a link so you can do your first preselection interview online.
This innovative process is advantageous for you:
- You can do the interview when it’s most convenient for you.
- You can concentrate more easily by choosing a quiet location, such as your home.
How to prepare for a virtual interview
In general, you should follow the same guidelines we’ve provided for in-person interviews.
Since virtual interviews are recorded, you should also do the following:
- Test the equipment, video software and lighting before the interview starts (the platform will guide you through this step).
- Always have a dynamic attitude.
- Pay special attention to non-verbal cues (smile more, look at the webcam, nod your head, etc.).Speak clearly and articulate each word.
- Lighting: Avoid putting a light source behind you, because it could shine on your computer screen.
- For the same reason, avoid having a window behind you, if the interview is during the day.
- Since you’ll have a few seconds to prepare each of your answers, take advantage of that time to organize your thoughts so you can explain the important points quickly.
- Throughout the interview, try to stay natural and, of course, have fun!