What is E-Spirit?
It's a national Aboriginal youth business plan competition sponsored by BDC for Aboriginal youth in grades 10 to 12. Since 2001, E-Spirit has introduced over 5,000 students to entrepreneurship.
How do students compete?
Teams complete a business plan using modules provided on the E-Spirit website. To qualify for the competition, each team needs to:
- Submit a complete business plan.
- Submit a video promoting their business idea.
The goals of BDC's eSpirit competition are to help youth:
- Create their own opportunities
- Set goals and objectives
- Establish a framework for a better future
E-Spirit is Internet-based.
Because technology has no geographic boundaries, it offers a whole new way of doing business. The opportunities are tremendous! Students use the E-Spirit website to get:
- Online learning modules
- A business-plan template
What's in it for students?
E-Spirit provides participants with valuable skills for today's marketplace. Students:
- Gain an awareness of self-employment opportunities.
- Learn business, management and leadership skills.
- Increase their employability skills.
- Get an awareness of ebusiness models and technologies.
- Learn the importance of team work.
- Improve their communication skills.
Is your school registered?
- Online registration from September 30 to November 1, 2013.
- Completed business plans due by March 07, 2014.