As Canada’s business development bank, BDC is committed to providing financing, consulting services and venture capital to consistently meet our clients’ expectations.
Please follow these 3 steps if you have a complaint or a specific concern
This will help us address your issue rapidly and effectively.
Most issues can generally be resolved at the Business Centre level. Make sure to keep relevant documents and notes handy when contacting us.
Contact your local Business Centre Manager
Contact the Vice President responsible for your area or district
Contact the Office of the Ombudsman
- Respond promptly and fairly to any complaint you may have;
- Acknowledge formal complaints promptly;
- Keep you informed on the development of the file in cases where additional time is needed to acquire all the pertinent information to respond fully to the complaint;
- Keep you informed regarding the resolution of the complaint;
- Maintain a Canada-wide toll-free service at 1-877-BDC-BANX (232-2269) and an email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to give clients access to the client complaint handling process.
Our commitment to our clients
We pledge to provide high standards of conduct and exemplary service in all our dealings with our clients. The Charter of Client Rights outlines BDC’s commitment.
Independent mediation process
In some instances, clients also have access to an external mediation service that will review BDC’s and the client’s position. Learn more about the independent mediation process.
If you are a supplier, read the procedure to make a complaint.