BDC offers financing, venture capital and consulting services. We focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Our services are available across Canada in both official languages through a network of more than 100 business centres. Its head office is in Montreal. Learn more about the advantages BDC offers.
Corporate plan summary
BDC is required to submit an annual five-year corporate plan to the Canadian government outlining:
- its objects and purposes
- its objectives for the five-year period of the plan
- its expected performance for the five-year period of the plan
View the BDC Corporate Plan Summary 2012-2013 to 2016-2017 (PDF).
For information, please contact:
Senior Vice President,
Corporate Strategy and Subordinate Financing
Contact by email
What we don't offer:
- Interest-free loans
- Lines of credit
- Non-commercial loans - residential loans
- Bank accounts, term deposits, guaranteed investment certificates
- Loans for the following ineligible activities:
- Businesses that are sexually exploitive or inconsistent with generally accepted community standards of conduct and propriety, including those that feature sexually explicit entertainment, products or services
- Businesses that are engaged in or associated with illegal activities
- Businesses trading in countries that are proscribed by the Federal Government
- Businesses that operate as stand-alone nightclubs, bars, lounges, cabarets, casinos, discotheques, video arcades, pool and billiard halls, and similar operations
- Businesses that promote nudism and naturism
- Other restrictions may apply
This is not an exhaustive list; if you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact your business centre or call 1 877 BDC-BANX (232-2269).