Building an innovative nation,
one entrepreneur at a time
BDC was created and is governed by the Business Development Bank of Canada Act. Every ten years, the Minister of Industry must conduct a review of the provisions and operations of the Act.
BDC’s submission to the review, Building an Innovative Nation, One Entrepreneur at a Time (full version, abridged version) was tabled on October 20 at the first hearing of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce. Its content is the result of extensive research on a series of emerging topics, with a view to assess BDC’s current and potential role in key areas such as globalization, access to financing, venture capital and innovation.
The Senate Committee tabled its report on December 15, 2010.
View BDC's appearance before the Senate Committee on October 20, 2010.
Key reference documents
- BDC 2013 Annual Report
- BDC Corporate Plan Summary 2013-2014 to 2017-2018
- The Supply of Financing to Canada's Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Market, Oliver Wyman, 2010
- State Financial Institutions, Mandates, Governance, and Beyond, World Bank, 2009
- What Happens Next? Five Crucibles of Innovation That Will Shape the Coming Decade, McKinsey & Company, 2010
- Senate Banking, Trade and Commerce Committee Completes Statutory Review of the Business Development Bank of Canada